The Addiction Medicine Clinic
Whole support for a whole recovery
Everyone deserves the chance for greater success in recovering from addiction to alcohol, opioids or other drugs. It’s why one of Minnesota’s most highly respected nonprofit centers for medically assisted treatment and recovery support created the Addiction Medicine Clinic.
More tools for complete recovery
Here, we’ve expanded and integrated our services for a more holistic approach that’s proven to deliver better outcomes. So people in need of help can get immediate access to a combination of:
- Addiction treatment
- Medication-assisted therapy
- Outpatient medical care
- Mental health services
- Help finding insurance, housing, work and more
What is the Addiction Medicine Clinic?
As a one-stop shop for people in need of support for recovery from addiction, there’s nothing else like this in the region. Now, a person dealing with substance use disorder (SUD) or opioid use disorder (OUD) can get life-saving medication from a pharmacist, talk with doctors and mental health therapists, and find nonmedical resources at the same time.
Referring? Now, there’s more immediate access to treatments, testing and medically proven methods of supporting recovery. And that’s healthier for everyone in the community.
We offer whole support for a whole recovery, all in one place.
There are many paths to recovery, and our Clinic treats each person with dignity as they travel their own path. Click the following links to get more information about our walk-in assessment, detoxification, intensive outpatient treatment, and inpatient treatment.
More medical and mental health care
- Expanded medication offerings
- Basic medical services related to SUD
- Basic mental health services, including diagnostic assessments and individual therapy
- Pharmacist-guided comprehensive medication management (CMM)
- Expanded office-based opioid treatment (OBOT) and withdrawal management services
More recovery support
- High intensity residential treatment with the option of coed programming
- MNsure navigators to help with insurance applications
- A Case Manager for residential programs who helps people find housing, employment and more
- A Peer Recovery Specialist who helps to ease transfers between agencies and programs, and ensure safety
More treatment and testing access
- Same day walk-in for Withdrawal Management, Assessment-Rule 25 and Detox Services
- On-site COVID-19 testing
- Clearpath Clinic: our opioid treatment program provides Methadone or Suboxone medication therapy along with behavioral health counseling
- On-site drug testing (both observed and non-observed) for current patients and community agencies seeking testing for participants
- 24/7 consultants available to community doctors and agencies for OUD and SUD cases
FOR PREGNANT WOMEN
More for those expecting
We specialize in helping pregnant women address opioid, alcohol and other substance use disorders.
More effective treatments
With more tools and supports in place, and a whole-patient approach to treatment and therapy, the odds are better that people striving to recover won’t relapse. That’s been proven for alcohol and all substance use disorders.
Consider the benefits of office-based opioid treatment (OBOT)
The combination of medically-assisted treatment with individualized counseling and therapy has been proven the most effective way to treat heroin and prescription drug addiction. It’s safer, medically-driven, and more effective. With our CADT Addiction Medicine Clinic programs:
- There’s increased access to drug treatment—without traditional rehab.
- People are treated for comorbid disorders—like depression and anxiety along with medication to manage symptoms of opioid addiction.
- We’re decreasing stigma—because addiction is a disease that can be treated by medical professionals, just like diabetes and heart disease, so more people get the help they need.
Why choose us
We understand people need and deserve a comprehensive, holistic level of support to succeed in recovery. Wherever you are in life, we are ready to meet you.
Our nonprofit mission makes us different and uniquely qualified to keep people’s best interests in mind. We combine research-based best practices and real world experience. People throughout the region and far beyond know our track record and commitment. The Center for Alcohol and Drug Treatment is trusted. Experienced. Comprehensive.
Since 1961, we have been researching, growing and changing to ensure we are continually meeting the needs of our clients and our community with effective, quality programs and services. Our highly trained staff includes:
- Social Workers
- General medicine physicians
Plus, we work closely with people outside of CADT, including: medical providers, social service agencies, law enforcement and many other experts in the recovery community.
What is Medication-Assisted Treatment (MAT)
Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) is the use of medications, in combination with counseling and behavioral therapies, to provide a whole-patient approach to the treatment of substance use disorders. Research shows that when treating such disorders, or disease, the most successful approach for many people includes both medication and behavioral therapies. It’s a clinically driven approach with a focus on individualized patient care.
–Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration; Center for Substance Abuse Treatment (SAMHSA CSAT) Division of Pharmacologic Therapies
Ask us for more information about any of our services: (218) 723-8444
The Addiction Medicine Clinic
at the Center for Alcohol
and Drug Treatment
1402 East Superior Street
Duluth, MN 55805