The Recovery Assistance Fund
Your donation gives everyone who wants to recover a fair chance. A gift to the Recovery Assistance Fund offers life-saving support to our clients in need and strengthens families and communities. It ensures that people in recovery get care and support at a crucial time to help sustain their journey.
The Center for Alcohol and Drug Treatment is a 501(c)(3) IRS designated charity. Your gift is tax-deductible to the full extent allowed by law. To make a tax-deductible donation, please donate here. To make a gift by mail, you can send your check made out to: CADT Recovery Assistance Fund, 1402 East Superior Street, Duluth, MN 55805
Why do we need your support?
- People fall through the cracks in the American healthcare system. Reimbursement for our alcohol and drug treatment services is not always adequate, so people in our region cannot always get the help they need, in the ways they need.
- People stay alive with immediate access to treatment services. We don’t want to jeopardize that by closing programs due to a lack of funding and compensation for care (see examples below).
- People are thriving thanks to our alcohol and drug treatment programs, which have a proven track record of success. We want to keep making our services available—and offer new and better ways to help people when evidence supports that need.
Why does care go uncompensated?
There are a lot of reasons. Often, it’s when people have:
- No insurance coverage
- Insurance that is not kicking in
- Medications that are not covered, or
- Restricted recipient status that prevents care
It can also be a situation where a person needs temporary recovery assistance but lacks
resources for things like:
- Clothing and grooming items
- Recovery support
- Family therapy
- Other noncovered costs
Your gift supports
- patient personal needs
- family therapy
- community education
- recovery support app
- art therapy
- follow-up calls
- building bridges
- jail and prison treatment and reentry initiatives
- temporary housing, transportation, clothing and toiletries
- and more
Gifts to the Recovery Assistance Fund
- Allow us to cover the costs of uncompensated care and expenses so that everyone who wants to recover has the same chance to do so.
- Allow effective and live-saving programs to continue—whether they are sufficiently funded or not.
- Allow us to try new programs and adjust care when the evidence shows it is more effective.
Structured help: the groundwork for hope
If you’ve seen or experienced the power of our programs at the Center for Alcohol and Drug Treatment, you know how we foster hope, freedom and recovery. If CADT treatment programs are unfamiliar to you, you can learn more about what we do, and why, here.
When you give
You can choose to support a specific area or let us direct the gift to the area of greatest need. Click the button below to give online.
Please contact us to make a planned or estate gift, or if you need more information about the Recovery Assistance Fund.
When you make a gift, please know the gratitude of people whose lives you touch. Hear what people in CADT programs are saying.
“I found a new outlook on life. You saved my life. You showed me who I really am.” –Residential treatment patient